1936 Talbot T150C Grand Prix

MM Coefficient 1,7

Early history:

The first Talbot Lago T150C made was chassis 82930 in 1936. This car raced in a number of races including the Grand Prix de l’ACF, GP de la Marne, GP du Comminges and in 1937 the GP de Pau, 3 heures de Marseille and the GP de l’ACF. In 1937, the chassis 82933 was given the identity of 82930, a common practice for works cars those days. 82933 ran a whole range of races including the 1937 Mille Miglia, the 24 Le Mans 24 hours (in 1937 and 1938), Liège-Rome-Liège and many more. After the war it participates in the 1946 Grand Prix de Belgique. At some point soon after the war, chassis 82933 became 90203 (note: Talbot Lago did not physically number their chassis). To make it more competitive, the then owner Charles Pozzi had the prewar Figoni body replaced by the lighter body of the Chappe brothers.

All races described are with this body: a table with race results and descriptions available on request.

The car with chassis 90203 with the Chappe body ended after a documented chain of ownership with count Dönhoff and later Jim Hull who decided the car would look a lot prettier with the prewar body, deciding to create a replica body. This car (chassis 90203) is now (2018) in the Mullin museum, with a lovely (replacement) early 150C body.

The original Chappe body was sold together with some parts of the original suspension and brakes as well as an original prewar unnumbered engine and ends with Talbot Lago specialist Tony Bianchi. This engine allegedly is the first engine to be used for the original T150C chassis 82933: this engine was replaced quickly after the initial built by a faster hemi-engine, but apparently kept with the car. No formal documentation has been found confirming the origins of the engine. It is definitely a racing engine as inlet and outlet have been swapped in order to improve airflow. To fund the restoration of his Grand Prix Talbot Lago 110008, Tony at some point decided to sell the body, engine and corresponding original parts to Barry Gillies, on his turn selling the lot to a gentleman in Belgium, the car was left in storage for many years and then later around 2009 sold and restored for the then owner.

The restoration was finished to perfection around 2010. The restorers chose the chassis number 82933 in order to make the reference to the original history, and the fact that 90203 is an existing car. All parts are original period Talbot Lago.

Never been road registered being a racing car, a lengthy process has been undertaken to get the car registered and the car is fully accepted as a historic car.

The car was previously road registered in the UK, and is now imported into Europe on Dutch papers.

How unique can it be to drive with your road legal Grand Prix car, on a Sunday morning to your favorite bakery for some, Croissants, baguette or pastry?

In 2013, the car ran the Mille Miglia with the current owner.  In 2019, it participated in the Parnell Trophy at the 2019 Goodwood Members Meeting where it raced against period Grand Prix cars, finishing with no problems what so ever.  Also, it participated in the 2 day rally Hertzberger Trophee in the Netherlands. Other than (loads of) petrol, the car needed nothing.

Asking price: 690.000€

Talbot-Lago T150 C-T26 SS-1936-1 (6)